This week and next, I'm not producing any daily devotionals. However, why not choose a text each day and spend some time meditating and praying out of it? I find it helpful to use the following questions which are based upon The Lord’s Prayer (Matt. 6:9-13).
1. Praise - What does this text teach me about God? What can I praise Him for?
2. Petitions - What does this teach me about His will for me and others? What could I pray for from this text? This is a good time to pray for our non-believing. friends. It’s good to ask, Is the Holy Spirit leading me in any specific response?
3. Peace-making - Is the Holy Spirit convicting me of sin for which I need forgiveness? Do I need to forgive others?
4. Protection - Ask for God’s protection generally and for any specific areas of vulnerability. Am I believing lies regarding the truths in this text?
COMMUNITY GROUP NOTES AND STUDY
It might be good to begin with notices. Please share from this week’s Church News.
What Has God been speaking to you about over the last week?
3. Recap of Sunday's message
Read the text and recap Sunday's message.
i) What does this text teach about God's character, attributes or will?
ii) What are the various applications of this text?
iii) What does this teach about reaching our community with the gospel?
iv) How do you need to respond to God today?
v) SIV - Do you have any encouraging stories of sharing your faith with your friends?
vi) SIV - How do you plan to 'serve, invest and invite' into your friendships?
vii) SIV - Let's pray for the Spirit to lead us in reaching our community.